Solvent for cleaning and preparing substrates for bonding with DOWSIL™ sealants
Cleaning and preparation of the most common surfaces such as glass, metal profiles, plastics and other non-porous substrates
DOWSIL R 41 Cleaner Plus is more than just a cleaner. It contains a special catalyst that facilitates adhesion by activating the surface of the substrate, thus promoting the adhesion of the silicone to the substrate. Reduces hassle and gives you more security in your application.
- cleaning the surface before gluing
- preparation of substrates for silicones
- recommended for raw aluminum
- glass cleaning
- cleaning of metal profiles
- plastic cleaning
- cleaning non-porous surfaces
Features and Benefits
- Cleaning solvent
- Contains a special catalyst to prepare the adhesion
- Easy to apply
- Ready to use
- Cleaning and surface preparation in one step
- Better security thanks to surface activation
Properties of Dowsil R-41
| Flash point, closed cup
|| Vacuum cleaner
| Specific gravity at 23°C (73.4°F)
| UV marker
| Viscosity at 23°C (73.4°F)
|| 2.65 mPa.s
Containers must be kept tightly closed and must be stored in an appropriate warehouse for flammable materials. When stored between 5°C and 30°C in the original unopened containers, this product has a shelf life of 18 months from the date of manufacture.
- Thoroughly clean all surfaces
- Pour a small amount of solvent cleaner into the container. Do not use solvent from the original container.
- Wipe the contact surfaces to remove dirt and debris.
- Visually inspect the cloth, if the cloth remains dirty, repeat step 3 with a new cloth until the cloth remains white or clean.
- Allow the material to dry until all the solvent has evaporated. It usually takes 5 to 30 minutes depending on room temperature and humidity.
- Apply Dow silicone sealant within 4 hours after the cleaning operation.
This product is neither tested nor intended for medical or pharmaceutical use.
DOWSIL™ R41 Cleaner Plus is not recommended for use in conjunction with other primers such as DOWSIL™ 1200 OS Primer or DOWSIL™ Primer-C.
It has been developed for use in applications where only cleaning is required.