Dow® former name of Dow Corning®, founded in 1943, a chemical corporation specializing in the production of silicones, silanes, adhesives and sealants, elastomers and plastomers.
Currently, silicone sealants are distributed under the name DowSil.
DOW products are available on the Categories page >>> DOW
Dow Corporation, a world leader in silicone-based materials, manufactures a wide range of DOWSIL silicone sealants.
Adhesive and sealant formulations can be classified in many ways, including organic or inorganic; based on acrylic, polyurethane or silicone; and moisture, heat, or UV curing, among others. They are used to make reliable, long-lasting bonds to a wide range of substrates, including ceramics, metals, glass and filled plastics, without the need for mechanical clamping or clamping.
Available in a wide range of viscosities and curing chemistry to meet a wide range of processing needs across a wide range of industries, Dow adhesive and sealant solutions are offered as either raw materials (surfactants, oxygenated solvents, rheology modifiers, additives and more) or fully formulated products . These solutions are used in many markets and applications, including:
- Automotive – ensuring permanent gluing, sealing and sealing; help prevent component failures, reduce costly warranty repairs and improve driving comfort
- Aviation, defense and avionics – offering solutions that ensure performance in demanding conditions, flexibility in a wide range of temperatures, reliable adhesion to various substrates and lightweight capabilities
- Construction and construction – increasing durability and flexibility in glazing, external facades and fire protection applications. DOWSIL™ Firestop Sealants to prevent the spread of smoke between floors where pipes/cables pass through fireproof structures.
- Electronics and advanced assembly — dealing with mechanical stress and vibration damping, and reliability over a wide range of operating temperatures
- Lighting – helps protect against environmental shocks and moisture to ensure the structural integrity of LED lamps; providing a secure base for subassemblies and larger assemblies
- Industrial - increased productivity and improved surface wetting while meeting volatile organic compounds (VOC) requirements
- packaging – improving adhesion for cardboard and cardboard packaging, labels and tapes; extending shelf life and promoting recycling in flexible food packaging
- Foils, special tapes and labels – providing high-performance properties in pressure-sensitive applications, including masking tapes, bonding tapes and protective films used in electrical and electronics, construction, automotive and aerospace